Sunday, June 29, 2014

How to create you own Google Maps data mashup?

I have read  a very good article about create Google Maps data mashup.

Here is the link: http://glearningblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/ingredients-google-search-google-fusion.html

After I read the whole article, I find Google Map s is not only one of the best sites for maps and directions. Everyone can mash together your own personal data with a Google map, and place the resulting mashup on your own website. In essence, you’re creating an overlay for your data, from the information in the Google Maps database, and that overlay is displayed on top of the appropriate Google map.


Like the example, you can use Google Map to collect all the information about Austrian college. And all the data could be edit, filter and visualize as table, map, bar, pie, intensity map and line, which is very convenient to analyze and interpret. Of course, it can used for daily life like creating a map of your company’s headquarters, so that visitors can see where you are. Or you could get really fancy and map a collection of different locations on a single map—multiple retail stores, for example, or maybe properties for sale or rent in a given area.

Google Map can really expand my outlook and I hope I can apply it in my work in the future. 


2 comments:

  1. Google Maps is great! I can't imagine what our life would be like without it. This week I was surprised to learn Google Maps Education. Thank you for sharing the Google Maps data mashup article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Google which have curated so many useful tools. I will continues to try every tools they have developed.

      Delete