Sunday, June 29, 2014

Opps, Fakebook

At first glance, Fakebook is really like a shoddy substitute. After I explore it for a while, I find it's perfect place to teach history and geography.  Click here for a list of different Fakebook platform that can be used with student. Instructors could choose a several historical figures from the same time period. Students could used it at the end of the semester as a group projects. Also, they can learn about the historical figures and have their thought about them. After that, students will know how to use Fakebook and will create their own material like their thought about a historical figures or historical events. 



I think I can use Fakebook to do my instructional design. 

3 comments:

  1. I also can "see" how Fakebook can be valuable for learning historical figures and believe it would be interesting for the learners to build a Fakebook profile of them. I think it's a good way of learning rather than only reading the facts from textbooks. Thanks for sharing the links Lukas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think VoiceThread and Fakebook are two very good tools for teaching so far.

      Delete
  2. My husband is a history professor, and I think he would enjoy using Fakebook -- and perhaps could have it be an assignment for his students.

    ReplyDelete