Sunday, June 22, 2014

How to protect your Blog copyright?

Cartoon Plagiarism
                                                             From ToonPool.com
I read a very interesting and useful article about blog copyright including a very detailed introduction about how to protect, the right about content producer, Monitor your work and defend your work.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2012/01/protect-your-blog-content-know-your-rights.html

When I was in China, nobody care about intellectual property right, students and teachers in high school just copy the pictures and text from Internet without any hesitation. For me, it's completely new concept.
I have read some article share in the Blackboard and some blogs. One of the best definition from Slideshare, Intellectual Property rights are the rights given to persons over the creations of their minds. They usually give the creators an exclusive right over the use of his/her creation for a certain period of time. Copyright give the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it for a limited time. In my case, the posts I created could have the copyright.

One thing should be highlighted is that copyright does not cover ideas and information themselves, only the form or manner in which they are expressed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the links that you did.
    I used to think if it's available on the web, then anyone can use it. This class has made me think again.

    ReplyDelete